- France, Conde sur L'escau. Dry lining, ceiling structure and new floor pour. Mid September onwards. 2-3 weeks max.
- France, CEP de Douai. Replacement of windows in building to be used for outreach in church. September 10th onwards.
- North West Renewal. England. Drywall lining complete. Further work may be required.
- Angola, Camundambala School, Steel roof structure complete. windows and doors complete, rain culvert and soak-away complete. We need to tile 3 classrooms, so tiler(s) needed. Slabbing of central area will be done in September, D.V. Let us know if you are interested as visas can take time to be granted.
- Blantyre, Malawi. Mission house construction from green field site. Waiting for planning permission. Volunteers needed!
- Zambia, Chengelo School. A mechanic needed to go and assess the vehicle fleet and advise on a maintenance schedule. Anytime you are available.
- Zambia, Chitokoloki Mission hospital. Building a storeroom for operating equipment. Supervision needed for this project.
- Zambia, Lusaka. Recording studio and house for Mwana Ministries. Likely 2019. Information on ministry.
- D.R.Congo. Mission house at Katoka. Plastering plumbing and electrics plus repairs to local school classrooms. September or October 2018.
- France, L'eau Vive. Concreting part of carpark and making access for wheelchairs to main hall. Date will be set when help is offered.
- Kenya. Building of a simple village school in Rift Valley area. This may be done if planning permission for Malawi mission house is delayed. November 2018?
Our Projects and Skills
Since 1986 Brass Tacks has worked on over 150 projects, mainly in Europe and Sub-Sahara Africa.
Our projects have including the construction, repair and maintenance (building, bricklaying, carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, plastering, painting, etc.) of churches, schools, hospitals, training centres and houses.
Gap Year Programme
Brass Tacks are operating in partnership with First-Serve, a gap year programme for 18-25 year olds. We have recently launched a First-Serve practical course for any who are practically minded. More information about First Serve at www.first-serve.org.uk.