Current and planned projects:
- France, Aix en Provence. This project is now complete.
- UK, North West Renewal, Manchester. Facility for rehab work. Partition and jointing etc. Late June to July 2017
- Tanzania, Moshi Childrens home. Showers and toilet block overhaul and lots of painting. Carpentry needed for roof repairs, 7th June 2017 first team heading out.
- Angola, Kamundambala. Construction of a school to replace older buildings. Sept/October 2017
- France, Bouc Bel Air
Mission house needs attic rooms completed and Velus attic windows. Plasterboarding, plumbing, joinery needed. May/June 2017
- Jordan. Urgent need for month of April 2017 for help to renovate kitchens and fit out containers for sleeping accommodation before start of season at beginning of May. Contact office for further details.
- London. Immediate need. OM offices. We need a qualified electrician to put up light fittings.
- India. Log cabins in the mountains for use as retreat. Trying to get a team for this so please declare if you are interested and when available.
Our Projects and Skills
Since 1986 Brass Tacks has worked on over 150 projects, mainly in Europe and Sub-Sahara Africa.
Our projects have including the construction, repair and maintenance (building, bricklaying, carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, plastering, painting, etc.) of churches, schools, hospitals, training centres and houses.
Gap Year Programme
Brass Tacks are operating in partnership with First-Serve, a gap year programme for 18-25 year olds. We have recently launched a First-Serve practical course for any who are practically minded. More information about First Serve at www.first-serve.org.uk.